Sunday showhouse.......and you're invited, we have a winner!!



Today I am happy to announce the winner of the Seda France trio. I used random.org and here is my winner! I will be contacting you or feel free to contact me. These are wonderful products that you are sure to enjoy!!

Congratulations......Quintessence!!
Drawing
#5,623

PRIVATE
Seda France Trio
4th drawing held by The Enchanted Home
Completed on Sunday, 3 April 2011 at 12:07:03 UTC
68 entrants, 1 winner
Winners (1)
 1st: quintessence



Thank goodness its Sunday, I need an official "free pass" to feel like I am off duty today. Its been a long and sometimes stressful week and its nice to have a day just to do as I please..though we all know there is no rest for the weary! By the way, saw Jane Eyre which I had been dying to see..it was incredible. I loved it.....the scenery, music and costumes were breathtaking, the homes it was filmed in "knock your socks off" gorgeous in that hauntingly beautiful, cold and somewhat foreboding English castle kind of a way. Hows that for a description? I loved the film adaptation from the well known novel and would recommend it if you enjoy period films. Sunday is a day to take it nice and slow.....so start your day by going on a house tour with me!!First we start off in Lake Michigan, then head to ranch country, Montana, home of some of the most beautiful vistas in the world and finally back east to Greenwich, CT. You know I love to know what you think so please let me know if you have a favorite! Here we go.....

LAKE MICHIGAN, MICHIGAN. This fabulous stately clapboard classic designed by the renowned Robert Stern took great care to keep this house true to its New England roots. It is understated and classic elegance at its best. Victoria Hagan designed the interiors and its very clear that she has left her indelible and creative stamp on the refined and restrained interiors. The views of the lake that beckon are incredible and this gem is complete with a pool house that compliments the main house. Pretty nice!











BIG SKY, MONTANA. Horse and ranch country. Warm rich colors, lots of wood. Inviting and cozy but still grand. Enough said, lets have a look...... Locati Architects, one of the masters of the ranch house universe,  is responsible for this beauty. The hand hewn beams used throughout the interiors adds warmth, elegance and a charming rustic quality that is exclusive to fine ranch living. With a vacation house like this, and vistas and views that this house has..I might never feel the need for a vacation away from home ever again!












GREENWICH, CT.  This stately elegant classic brick Georgian in beautiful mid country Greenwich is a bit of a surprise inside. I would describe the style of interiors as eclectic, because as you can see there are a number of different styles going on there, I see transitional, even some modern, traditional, and even some colonial. What do you think of the mix? I love that mirrored door dressing area....step inside.
























So that wraps up the Sunday showhouse..what do you think? Do you have a favorite? You know I love to know..its always fun to hear your ideas and opinions! Enjoy your Sunday and rest of the weekend...hope you are doing something fun!


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment