Nirvana in Napa

Good morning! A lot of you have asked about the house....going today to take some update pictures and will update and share tomorrow. Ever since I saw the remake of The Parent Trap, shot in Napa Valley and featuring the then innocent and adorable, Lindsay Lohan, I have been in love with Napa Valley and all things having to do with wine country.  Looking back that is probably where my desire to live there one day started. I admit I fantasize about living there one day, buying a small farm/vineyard, having my own "farm to table" movement restaurant right in the middle of the vineyard and leading "the life" that I envision is all about Napa laid back living. The crisp mornings with the dew still on the grapes gives way to perfect blue skies, low humidity bright sunny days, and chilly, cricket chirping nights.....whats not to love? 

Being surrounded by vineyards, both small boutique ones and larger commercial ones, the topography of the land is breathtaking. I was lucky enough to be there last year and absolutely cannot wait to get back.  Surrounded by a cultured community that is not driven by money, the make and model of your car, how prestigious yours kids school is or what club you belong to, things there are less complicated.  At least in my mind, life there is simpler, a throwback to how things used to be. Then you throw in oodles of amazing restaurants run by renowned celebrity chefs, chic roadside gourmet grocers and you have what I  would venture to say is a near perfect setup. In my own sometimes overactive imagination I will never lose sight of this "picture" of how it must be to live in Napa and Sonoma valley.

 Even if Napa and Sonoma have fallen prey to all the vanities and trappings of their more suburban counterparts, I don't want to hear about it. I have always, as a result of this fascination been drawn to the homes, interiors and lifestyles of those that are lucky enough to reside there. So today I pay tribute to the Napa lifestyle. Here are some exquisite homes and interiors from homes in wine country. Let me set the tone...its a perfectly crisp, zero humidity day, and its later afternoon with the sun just starting to set and give way to a starry filled night..... I can almost feel the breeze, hear the jazz band playing at the local vineyard, and smell the aromatic scent of fresh grapes getting crushed for the next seasons harvest.


Howard Backen designed this beautiful understated Napa residence
Just love how the outdoors is brought in
With a setting like that I would be eating all day
Just love the walls of glass to take full advantage of the vistas
Rich warm colors work so well with the Napa Valleys natural beauty
Another gorgeous Napa bedroom...the views are amazing
Poolside in Napa...sounds mighty good right about now!
Jacques Saint Dizier designed this beautiful and warm living room in Napa
Gorgeous sumptuous bedroom takes full advantage of the weather and views
I would like to be invited to this incredible setting for just one dinner.....
Stunning master bedroom with a completely open wall to take advantage of cool evening breezes
Picture perfect setting for candlelit wine tasting dinners
Almost looks too perfect to be real!
If this isn't the essence of Napa Valley at its finest..don't know what is....
J E Caldwell designed this fabulous rustic stone home
One of my all time favorite backyards....perfection!
Of course this residence is lucky enough to have a separate "art studio" in its own cozy cottage!
Elegant and understated living room in all its earthy neutral glory
Cozy dinners by the wood burning fireplace
Stunning mountainside retreat by Howard Backen
Beautiful backyard pool set high up to take advantage of the spectacular views
Even this bathroom is what I would envision my Napa bathroom to look like, in all its earthiness both in color and feeling......beautiful
This beautiful Napa compound is reminiscent of something you would see in Tuscany
Gorgeous entrance with breathtaking vistas..love the rich, warm colors
And this is where my wine tasting dinners for 20 would all come together!
Howard Backen designed this stunning Napa residence
High up in the mountain, this spectacular neutral toned living room relies heavily on the great outdoors for maximum impact
Light colored dining area....love those floor to ceiling glass walls...this is perfect!
This is the ultimate dream dining room for me in my future Napa home, my Bossa Nova soundtrack is ready to get cranking....
Breakfast is served in this sunny breakfast room
Beautiful soft toned master bedroom takes full advantage of the great outdoors
Beautiful creamy colored living room...so cozy and inviting, Suzanne Tucker
Love the stone floors and how the bath opens onto a private patio...only in Napa!
Grand stone fireplace adds so much character to this room, Suzanne Tucker
I could get used to eating breakfast outside everyday on this patio overlooking the vineyards
Perfect entertaining space for those cool valley nights, Howard Backen
Fabulous home, love the blue gray accented trim
Grand, glorious but so cozy living room....colors are gorgeous!
A picture perfect setting, a foutain just beyond the foyer doors.....glorious!
Distressed cabinets adds to the rustic elegance of this Napa home, Tucker and Marks
Beautiful and elegant bedroom, love the stone fireplace, Suzanne Tucker
Breathtaking views at every turn
The large open, airy spaces are just amazing
After a hard day of working in the vineyard, you get to relax with a glass of Cab right here.....

My guess is either: 
A. you are in awe of my incredibly overactive imagination and give me credit for dreaming or 
B. that you are reaching for a glass of wine as we speak as this has gotten you in a Napa Valley frame of mind!

 Hope you enjoyed it.....I so enjoyed putting it together and cannot wait to go back to this incredible place. Its bad enough I have already told  asked my three boys that one of them has to  should consider getting married there one day! Hope you have an enchanting day!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment