Join me on a virtual vacation.....and I am guest posting at Party Resources!

I start this day to say I am grateful for the simplest of pleasures, having this aromatic cup of coffee in my hand, being able to sit at my desk to type up this post, knowing my family is well and healthy, I could go on and on...but do want to ask that we all say a prayer for those in Japan and may the road to recovery be a successful and swift one......and last may the power of God's healing be bestowed upon the people of Japan. 
I came across this short, to the point list of ways we can help through Time's newsfeed click here  for more information

***Be sure to please check out my guest post TODAY at one of my favorite blogs....Party Resources!  Always some serious entertaining eye candy there....www.partyresources.blogspot.com***


I think its no secret that I love to travel and its been more and more appealing as I get older and has certainly been on my mind far more than my husband would like lol..I am very fortunate that I have been to many many wonderful places, both here and abroad. What I fantasize about is taking a month or two at some point down the road, and traveling non stop from one fabulous exotic locale to another...I would start on our own turf by  hitting a few places in the U.S. then take my adventurous mind abroad and start with Anguilla and go from there. So join me on this wonderful "virtual reality trip" around the world...can you possibly pick a favorite? I would be hard pressed to pick one so would have to experience all of them, so buckle up and here we go.......I must start with Hawaii, a place near and dear to my heart and to me, one of the few places on earth that can be likened to a true "heaven"

FOUR SEASONS, MAUI  Having been here, I can tell you this is truly a heavenly place. The natural beauty of the island is breathtaking at every turn, and the luxury and serenity of this hotel do not disappoint. Throw in service extraordinaire and you have yourself a perfect destination!







ST. REGIS, DEER VALLEY UTAH A new resort right in the heart of Deer Valley, Utah's famous ski region, this is luxury and convenience rolled into one....it is just five minutes from ever so charming downtown Park City, home of the famous Sundance Film Festival. We were there two years ago and fell in love with this original mining town now brimming with chic restaurants and charming shops dotting the main strip, with the fabulous Wasatch mountain range as the backdrop.






After all that skiing and being in the cold weather.....my senses and my poor achy muscles need some rehabilitative sun and warmth, so off we go...I need to escape the cold so we are whisked off  to sunny tropical Anguilla at the new Viceroy. Perched right at the the tip, this fabulous super elegant swank resort, is decorated in cool neutral tones throughout and exudes a cool, hip and super elegant beach vibe.











I like it here but am getting it a bit bored on such a small island so we are now  heading over to Mexico and famed Cabos San Lucas to the fabulous Esperanza resort and hotel,  not too shabby! This incredible resort in the tony section of Cabos, is no stranger to understated luxury with true Mexican hospitality.






One can only take so much sun in the fun and I find myself suddenly craving the perfect blend of European sophistication and Latin flair and life...what city captures the essences of those two worlds better than Buenos Aries..so off to the fabulous Four Seasons we go....



Now I really am feeling the need for a dose of serious European culture, having gotten a taste of it in Argentina....and off to France we head to the other worldly hotel,  Hotel Ritz in Paris...having been to the two other fabulous "rivals", George V and Le Meurice, (and would return in a heartbeat) figured for this trip..we will try something new, looks like it will be just fine!




Since I am in Europe why not hop over to Italy and to charming Venice, and staying at the incomparable Hotel Daniele...we were there about 8 years ago and it was the stay of a lifetime. So opulent reminiscent of an old Venetian palace from another era, we were ensconced and pampered beyond our expectations.





Having satisfied my fun in the sun and cultural cravings, I now finish off this trip with something a bit more exotic, and head over to a part of the world i have yet to visit but long to discover...Africa! I can only imagine the adventure and experience it must be....so through my travels, I have heard a fabulous place to stay is the 




Next stop Greece..never been, hoping to this summer. Have heard and read quite a bit about The Romanos in Costa Navarino, part of Peloponnesa. This hotel looks like something I could warm up to real fast.....







We wrap up this tour with a trip to the Orient....always wanted to visit China. Having been and lived in Japan, its too bad that I didn't take advantage of the opportunity to visit China but am determined and hope to in the next few years. A fascinating country beyond description and a force to be reckoned with on every level,there is no shortage of seriously luxurious hotels. Think we will try the Waldorf Astoria right in downtown Shanghai.....





Whew! What a trip........so what do you think? Do you have any desire to visit one or all of these fabulous destinations? Have you been to any or is there a country or place you are dying to visit? Would love to know...until tomorrow, bon voyage!



Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment