Pretty Posts to ponder, part III

Hi there!! If you missed my house updates yesterday, click here. I also got lots of questions about various things we have done in the house. So first I start wtih answering some of those questions and then move onto to the posts to ponder. Back by popular demand, another fabulous round up of gorgeous inspirational, educational, moving and beautiful posts. Something that triggered a reaction in me enough to bookmark it and want to share it with you. I love going through old posts for inspiration and there are so many winners out there!  So if you have a little extra time on your hands this weekend, spend some time going through these, I promise they are all well worth the time!! Let me know if you really enjoyed one or enjoyed all! This is but a handful so there will be plenty more to share in the months ahead. Without further ado.......


A FEW QUESTIONS FROM YESTERDAY AND MY ANSWERS.....



1. Who makes these earrings and where can I buy them? 



 Arent' they amazing! They are from House of Lavande, click here to see them as well as check out all of their other amazing vintage pieces. Warning its highly addicting!

2. Is my butlers pantry a stain or paint? Its a very dark stain, in fact we went with the darkest stain I could find. I kept telling my cabinet marker "darker, darker" and finally we got this really rich dark java. You see the grain every so slightly which is just what I wanted. The island is black paint.

3. What are my thoughts on marble and what do I say to those who want to use it but are being told its a big mistake? Well, I make no secret of my love for marble especially white marble. Bring it on! I say two things...A. Go to the most casual pizzeria in Europe or the fanciest Michelin starred restaurant in Europe and visit their kitchens and what will you see.... marble! Lots of it. If its good enough for their wear and tear, its good enough for me. B. I had it in my old house and seriously there was not a day that I didn't walk into my kitchen sighing with delight over that marble, it gave me more happiness than I can explain. Even on my really bad days (and we all have them) just looking at my marble was like instant therapy! Seriously in this house there was NO second choice. It was marble or marble. End of story.

4. Whats the name of the manufacturer for the hardware for the butlers that I featured yesterday? Its from RK international, glad you all like it and click here for their website.

5. Who makes the lantern that I showed for the kitchen island? One of my favorite companies, Decorative Crafts. They make absolutely gorgeous high quality lighting. Click here to visit.


Now onto these fabulous posts I was promising......

PICKLES AND CHEESE.  LOVED this tutorial on making homemade pesto with gorgeous pictures to boot!





http://picklesandcheeseblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/basil-pesto.html
__________________________________________________________________________
SIMPLY LUXURIOUS LIFE....for fabulous style inspiration, love her posts!




http://www.thesimplyluxuriouslife.com/2011/09/style-inspiration_29.html?showComment=1317291072604#c1142322337257127530
___________________________________________________________________
FROM THE RIGHT BANK...Want to head to Tuscany? Take a look!


_________________________________________________________________________
UNDER SPANISH MOSS . Talk about an inspiring woman!

_______________________________________________________________
HOME BUNCH. Breathtaking waterfront home........

________________________________________________________
CONSPICUOUS STYLE .Gorgeous post on quatrefoils


_________________________________________________________________________
THE FRENCH TANGERINE.  Visit the queen of mosaic's blog for some gorgeous eye candy!

_________________________________________________________________
VIGNETTE DESIGNS. A perfect post on outdoor entertaining (and no her backyard is not a fake backdrop)

__________________________________________________
CLASSIC CASUAL HOME. A small french cottage in Newport Beach? 

______________________________________________________
CHIC COASTAL LIVING. This is the most gorgeous beach house!


______________________________________________________________
BJD HAUS DESIGN   Gorgeous window inspiration!


So hope you have fun! Let me know if there is a post or posts that you particularly loved! I loved and enjoyed each and every one...wishing everyone a happy Friday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment